GAS AIRSOFT SHOTGUN
- Tokyo Marui KSG Gas Airsoft Shotgun Out of Stock TM-4952839140340$349.99
- Farsan Real Wood 0521 6mm Double Barrel Gas Shotgun (Short) Out of Stock FSG0521S6$229.99
- Farsan 0521 Real Wood 1000mm Double Barrel Gas Shotgun FSG0521LX6$299.99
- Maruzen M870 Grip Version Plus One Live Cartridge Gas Shotgun Out of Stock MRZ-4992487287127$249.99
- VFC FABARM STF 12 Compact 11 inch Gas Airsoft Shotgun - Black Out of Stock VF5-STFC-BK01$359.99
- ShowGuns ESC Gas BBs Emergency Shotshell Carrier - Black Out of Stock SG-ESC-001-BK$44.99
- ShowGuns Mini Tactical 20mm Grenade Launcher - Black SG-MSL-003$39.99
- ShowGuns ESC Gas BBs Emergency Shotshell Carrier - Orange Out of Stock SG-ESC-001-OG$44.99
- Maruzen M1100 Wood Stock Version Live Shell 'AUTOMATIC' Shotgun Out of Stock MRZ-4992487110098$409.99
- Tokyo Marui M870 Wood Stock Type Airsoft Shotgun TM-4952839140333Special Price $263.99 Regular Price $299.99
- Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Airsoft Shotgun Out of Stock TM-4952839140302$309.99
- Tokyo Marui M870 Breacher Gas Airsoft Shotgun Out of Stock TM-4952839140326$289.99
- PPS M870 Pump Action Gas Shotgun Out of Stock PPSGUM-SH-01-0001$230.00
- Maruzen M870 Wood Stock Version Out of Stock MRZ-4992487287103$339.99
- Maruzen M870 Extension Custom Wood Stock Version Out of Stock MRZ-4992487287110$359.99
- Maruzen M870 Extension Custom Black Version Out of Stock MRZ-4992487287097$284.99
- Maruzen M870 Black Version Out of Stock MRZ-4992487287080$266.99
- Maruzen M1100 Black Version Live Shell 'AUTOMATIC' Shotgun Out of Stock MRZ-4992487110081$315.99
- WinGun T2 Shotgun (Wood) Out of Stock GJ004$280.00
- APS Smart Shot Set Mini Launcher with Shell, Charger, Wad, Sealing Paper & Belt Loop AC058Special Price $50.99 Regular Price $59.99
- APS Smart Shot Mini Launcher with Belt Loop AC057Special Price $20.39 Regular Price $23.99
Gas Airsoft Shotguns
Known for their ability to launch waves upon waves of rounds down range with a single pull of the trigger, this weapon is known as a gas airsoft shotgun. Deadly in close-quarters engagements, most airsoft shotguns are breechloading and can be single-barreled, double-barreled, or in the form of combination guns.
Shotguns are a unique type of class in airsoft weaponry, as they don’t function the same as an AEG (automatic electric gun) or GBBR (gas blowback rifle). With the appearance of real-life shotguns, not all of them will function the same or be powered by the same mechanism.
Similar to a rifle, shotguns come in a range of different action types, which as known single-shot and repeating. For those that are non-repeating designs, over-and-under break-action shotguns are by far the most common type. Although revolving shotguns did exist at one point, most modern repeating shotguns are either pump-action or semi-automatic, and some are also fully automatic, lever-action, or bolt-action to a lesser extent.
The common characteristics that make a shotgun unique center on the requirements of firing a shot. These features are the features typical of a shotgun shell, namely a relatively short, wide cartridge, with straight walls, and operating at relatively low pressure. But since this is airsoft let’s not worry about that. Ammunition for shotguns in the states is known as shotgun shells, shotshells, or just shells. Though if you’re from the United Kingdom you may know it as the cartridge.
The ones we offer at Redwolf will function similarly to how a real shotgun fire, and come in a variety of prices suitable for everyone. These shotguns can 3 rounds of BB at once, or a single round but this all depends on the brand and model. They typically feed from a magazine that looks like a shotgun shell, which usually can hold up to 30 rounds. For example, if you fire them from a shotgun that can fire three rounds at once, you can have 10 shots per mag.
But obviously, a pump-action shotty is way slower to shoot than an SMG, rifle, or pistol but people pick shotguns for its super fun factor! Though the range on these shotguns is short, they still remain very effective at CQB.
What to Look for in a Gas Airsoft Shotgun?
Shotguns bring an interesting dynamic to Airsoft as it’s rather challenging to try and replicate the functionality and shooting style of Shotguns as replicas. So what type of gas airsoft shotguns are there? There are two types of gas shotguns out there, which are gas reservoir action and shell ejecting action. Gas reservoir shotguns are quite fragile due to the way they are built, they will leak if not properly maintained. But with that being said very easy to handle and shoot!
Shell ejecting shotguns are by far the most realistic as not only are they propelled by gas but use shells containing the bbs. The majority of these shotguns have gas in the shells or in a reservoir. Reloading shells is a feature and chore, but if you’re into shotguns then it’ll be an exhilarating experience. These shotguns are the most realistic and really are the closest thing you can get to the real shotgun.
Gas shotguns are much easier to manipulate as you do not have to reload a shell after every shot. As you are not pulling on a big spring this means it is much easier to pump as every shot is powered by gas. These shotguns fire a minimum of 3 shots as well and some models may have an option to shoot more. But that being said gas-powered means it will come at a price to operate and green gas is particularly fickle during the winter months in places where temperatures get too cold for it to function efficiently. However, nothing beats the weight and feel of a nice metal shotgun and the sound it makes when you pump it.
If you ever do decide to go into gas shotguns, you should know that gas shotguns just like any other gas airsoft gun do require regular maintenance. It’s best to keep the internal seals lubricated by adding silicone oil while filling green gas. Pressure from the gas will disperse the oil inside of the gas shotgun each time it’s topped up.
What are Some of the Best Gas Airsoft Shotguns?
What we consider is the best airsoft gas shotgun is the Tokyo Marui KSG. It really is a clever and revolutionary design that works very well based on our experience after spending time shooting it. With that being said the KSG is the best of the best shotgun for CQB, tactical needs, and self-defense. Perhaps even one of the best overall self-defense and tactical weapons going as it was also featured in the John Wick movie!
To learn more about the Tokyo Marui KSG click here: https://tinyurl.com/y48apxqf
Difference Between Electric and Gas Airsoft Shotguns?
The major difference between an electric airsoft shotgun and a gas airsoft gun is the number of rounds it can hold. Since gas types usually hold the BB’s in a shell that contains 30 BB’s, an electric can carry up to 300 or more rounds of BB’s whilst being able to fire 3 or 6 rounds at a time. But electric airsoft shotguns can be more cost-effective as you don’t need to charge it up with gas, just pop in a rechargeable battery, and your good to go. Though it may sound all good, it’s not as realistic as the gas variant with its pump-action or shell ejection feature!