WHAT IS AN AIRSOFT REVOLVER?
WHAT IS AN AIRSOFT REVOLVER?
Airsoft revolvers are one of the most interesting type of airsoft guns, and appeals to a special group of players who admire the beautiful lines of a six shooter. Airsoft revolvers are generally highly realistic replicas of a real revolver, and are constructed from plastic or metal. Most revolvers, with the exception of the classic Single Action Army S.A.A., have cylinders that can swing out for reloads. Some are single action while others are double action, with both modern and classic models widely represented. While airsoft revolvers are available in gas, CO2 and spring models, we have deliberately chosen not to offer airsoft revolver spring models since they struggle to deliver usable power for gaming purposes.
Popular models include the ASG Dan Wesson Airsoft Revolver CO2 line, famous for their hefty full metal construction and high power. The Colt Python Airsoft Revolver is also widely available in different variations ranging from snub nose airsoft revolvers to 6 inch barrels. The classic Smith & Wesson airsoft revolvers are represented by the M10 and M19 by Tanaka Works. One interesting model is the Chiappa Rhino airsoft revolver, which offers a much more contemporary interpretation of the revolver. For anime fans, the Mateba airsoft revolver from the series Ghost In A Shell is a collectible model that is a must have. Serious collectors who look for rare and bespoke models should not miss the Airsoft Surgeon revolver collection.
- KWC Python 357 2.5 inch Airsoft CO2 Revolver (US version) AAKCCD661AZB-US$82.99
- Tanaka S&W M40 2 inch Centennial Model Gun TNK-4537212006088Special Price $152.99 Regular Price $169.99
- Tanaka S&W M40 2 inch Centennial 1966 Early Heavy Weight Model Gun TNK-4537212006736Special Price $197.99 Regular Price $219.99
- Tanaka S&W M19 2.5 inch Ver.3 Heavy Weight Gas Revolver TNK-4537212010443Special Price $197.99 Regular Price $219.99
- Tanaka S&W M37 Air Weight 2 inch J-Police Steel Jupiter Finish Ver.2 Gas Revolver TNK-4537212009096Special Price $305.99 Regular Price $339.99
- Tanaka S&W .38 Square Butt Joker Model 2 inch Heavy Weight Gas Revolver TNK-4537212010405Special Price $224.99 Regular Price $249.99
- Tanaka Colt Python 357 Magnum 6 Inch R Model Heavyweight Model Gun TNK-4537212007795Special Price $224.99 Regular Price $249.99
- Tanaka Colt Python 357 Magnum 3 Inch R Model Heavyweight Model Gun TNK-4537212007832Special Price $224.99 Regular Price $249.99
- Tanaka S&W Performance Center M327 M&P R8 5 inch Heavy Weight Ver. 2 Model Gun TNK-4537212010122Special Price $224.99 Regular Price $249.99
- Tanaka S&W M29 Counterbored 4 inch Heavyweight Revolver (Model Gun) TNK-4537212010627Special Price $224.99 Regular Price $249.99
- Tanaka S&W M29 Counterbored 8-3/8 inch Heavyweight Revolver (Model Gun) TNK-4537212010610Special Price $237.59 Regular Price $263.99
- Tanaka S&W M19 6 inch Heavyweight Version 3 Gas Revolver TNK-4537212010597Special Price $224.99 Regular Price $249.99
- Tanaka S&W M36 3 inch Heavyweight Gas Revolver TNK-4537212010634Special Price $215.99 Regular Price $239.99
- Tanaka Revolver S&W M68 C.H.P. 6 inch Model Gun TNK-4537212010399Special Price $251.99 Regular Price $279.99
- WinGun Airsoft Revolver CO2 733 (2 inch, Brown Grip, 6mm Version) - Silver WG-733SSpecial Price $93.59 Regular Price $103.99
- Tanaka Colt Python R-Model Model Gun (2.5 inch, Heavy Weight) TNK-4537212008143Special Price $177.29 Regular Price $196.99
- Umarex S&W M29 Airsoft Revolver CO2 (6.5 inch, Brown Grip, 6mm Version) - Titanium Black (by WinGun) UMX-26465Special Price $161.99 Regular Price $179.99
- Umarex S&W M29 Airsoft Revolver CO2 (8.3 inch, Brown Grip, 6mm Version) - Titanium Black (by WinGun) UMX-26466Special Price $172.79 Regular Price $191.99
- Tanaka Colt Python .357 Magnum R-Model 6 Inch Heavy Weight Gas Airsoft Revolver - Steel Finish TNK-4537212008426Special Price $231.29 Regular Price $256.99
- Tokyo Marui Python PPC Custom Spring Revolver 4 inch - Stainless Silver TM-4952839137104Special Price $41.39 Regular Price $45.99
- Tanaka Colt Python .357 Magnum R-Model 4 Inch Heavy Weight Gas Revolver - Black Out of Stock TNK-4537212007412Special Price $197.99 Regular Price $219.99
- BO Manufacture Chiappa Rhino 60DS .357 Magnum Style Airsoft Revolver (CO2) - Black BO-CO2-RHINO-60DS-BKSpecial Price $140.39 Regular Price $155.99
- BO Manufacture Chiappa Rhino 60DS .357 Magnum Style Airsoft Revolver (CO2) - Silver BO-CO2-RHINO-60DS-SVSpecial Price $158.39 Regular Price $175.99
- WinGun Webley MK VI .455 Airsoft Revolver CO2 (4 inch Police Model, 6mm Version) - Aged Finish WC-797W-THSpecial Price $143.99 Regular Price $159.99
- Tanaka Revolver S&W M67 Combat Masterpiece 4 inch Ver.3 (Airsoft Gas Version) TNK-4537212009850Special Price $215.99 Regular Price $239.99
What Platforms Are Available For Airsoft Revolvers?
Airsoft revolvers are available in gas, CO2 and spring platforms. The most popular are gas and CO2 since there is no space inside a revolver to hide a gearbox, spring or piston of any kind. Spring powered revolvers do exist but they are more akin to toys since they are rely on the impact of the hammer’s striker against the BB to shoot it out. You can imagine that the power of such a spring powered platform in a revolver is quite low, and it does not create sufficient power for any kind of serious range or accuracy.
How Much Does A Good Airsoft Revolver Cost?
The range of airsoft revolvers is quite large, ranging from some die cast metal models in the sub $!00 range to mid-range airsoft revolvers in the mid hundred dollar range. You can’t really go wrong with any of these offerings, since the design of airsoft revolvers is much more simple and trouble free than a semi automatic airsoft pistol.
If you have more than $200 to spend, then you start getting into beautiful replicas by Tanaka Works with more refined details, although Japanese revolvers are made by plastic as required by law. Having said that, Japanese airsoft revolvers from Tanaka Works and Marushin have amazing surface finishing, making them look extremely realistic. This price range will also get you some unique, rare and limited edition models that are not always available.
For truly unique and one-of-a-kind collector grade airsoft revolvers, that will set you back over $1000 with custom crafted pieces from Airsoft Surgeon. Some of these masterpieces sport CNC steel and aluminum components to offer another level of realism and refinement.