AIRSOFT SPRING PISTOLS
- Tokyo Marui SAA.45 Artillery 5.5 inch Spring Revolver - Black Out of Stock TM-4952839137319$99.99
- Maruzen APS-3 Limited Edition 2021 Cosmic Silver Out of Stock MRZ-4992487169805$459.99
- Maruzen APS-3 Out of Stock MRZ-4992487169317Special Price $248.39 Regular Price $269.99
- Maruzen APS-3 Limited Edition 2020 Aero Blue Out of Stock MRZ-4992487169782$699.99
- Tokyo Marui Python PPC Custom Spring Revolver 6 inch - Stainless Out of Stock TM-4952839137128$45.99
- Tokyo Marui Python PPC Custom Spring Revolver 6 inch - Black Out of Stock TM-4952839137111$45.99
- Umarex WALTHER PPQ 'HME' Metal Slide Spring Pistol - Black Out of Stock UMX-25886Special Price $34.49 Regular Price $45.99
- Umarex WALTHER PPQ Metal Slide Spring Pistol - Black Out of Stock UMX-25107Special Price $25.49 Regular Price $29.99
- KWC SPRING Sigma SW40F (Heavy Weight) Out of Stock KA-320104Special Price $33.99 Regular Price $39.99
- Tokyo Marui Spring P7M13 (High Grade) Out of Stock TM-SP-P7M13$32.99
- Tokyo Marui Vz61 Scorpion Spring Airsoft (High Grade) Out of Stock SW011-TM$66.00
- Tokyo Marui KP85 Ruger Spring Airsoft Pistol (High Grade) TM-4952839132383$31.99
- Tokyo Marui Python 357 Spring Revolver (4 inch) - Black Out of Stock TM-4952839137012$45.99
- Tokyo Marui P228 Spring Airsoft Pistol (High Grade) TM-4952839132321Special Price $30.39 Regular Price $31.99
- Tokyo Marui M92F Spring Airsoft Pistol (High Grade) Out of Stock SW007-TMSpecial Price $30.39 Regular Price $31.99
- Tokyo Marui M8000 Spring Airsoft Pistol (High Grade) Out of Stock TM-4952839132420$31.99
- Tokyo Marui 1911 Government Spring Airsoft Pistol (High Grade) Out of Stock TM-4952839132444$31.99
- Tokyo Marui Double Eagle Spring Airsoft Pistol (High Grade) Out of Stock TM-4952839132376$31.99
- Tokyo Marui CZ75 Spring Airsoft Pistol (High Grade) Out of Stock TM-4952839132390$31.99
- Tokyo Marui Python PPC Custom Spring Revolver 4 inch - Black Out of Stock TM-4952839137098$45.99
- Tokyo Marui Python 357 Spring Revolver (6 inch) - Black Out of Stock TM-4952839137036$45.99
- KTW Flintlock Pistol (Air Cocking Gun) Out of Stock KTW-FP$159.99
Spring Airsoft Pistols
During the 1980s airsoft started first in Japan, as ownership of guns by citizens was illegal. Thus with no access to real guns, the demand for firearm replicas increased. From that high demand was when airsoft surfaced, a dream come true for those that aspire to own a gun.
Airsoft guns started out as spring power guns, as Japan developed the airsoft guns further they eventually evolved into fully automatic gas and battery-powered airsoft guns. As time goes by airsoft will continue to evolve with new and improved weapons to be released, becoming closer and more realistic to the real steel counterpart. With new innovations such as hop-up units, blowback, or Polar Star technology, they are becoming much more accurate and powerful.
In the UK, they are known as "springers" and were often a player's introduction to the sport due to the entry-level cost in comparison to AEG and GBB weapons. Almost all airsoft players at some point owned a spring weapon, whether for its actual use in a competitive event or for the replica value since some airsoft weapons are only available as spring versions. However, some veteran airsoft players still rely on sniper rifle and shotgun-type spring guns as a primary weapon due to their reliability, high power, high accuracy and low noise, as well as their ease of repair and modification compared to AEGs and GBB guns.
What are Spring Airsoft Pistols?
For those on a super tight budget then look no further, as they are the most readily available and affordable airsoft guns in the market. All of them are manually powered by pumping the spring and the bb then fires from the barrel with a trigger pull. The rate of fire is only as fast as you can charge that spring.
Spring airsoft pistols are the most cost-effective of all platforms as all you need is a bunch of bb’s, thus no need for batteries or gas. What makes them so great is that they can also be used in all kinds of environments whether its a hot summer day or freezing cold winter. Not only that but perfect for young and new airsoft players who want to learn more about this sport.
What to Look for in a Spring Airsoft Pistol?
Since spring airsoft guns are already affordable you really do get what you pay for, as the majority are made out of plastic. The only thing you’d be looking out for really is the brand, that would be Tokyo Marui. They are the pioneers who started airsoft thus they make the best spring airsoft pistols.
What are Some of the Best Spring Airsoft Pistols?
It can be hard to find a spring airsoft pistol that has a metal slide, yet shoots with reasonable power and accuracy. The UMAREX WALTHER PPQ answers that call as it features a metal slide, licensed with all relevant markings, accuracy and can shoot upto 250 fps! For more information about this product click here: https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/spring-guns-umarex-umarex-walther-ppq-metal-slide-6mm-spring-cocking-pistol-black.html
How Does a Spring Airsoft Pistol Work?
Spring airsoft guns are single-shot replicas that use the elastic potential energy stored within a compressed coil spring to drive the piston air pump. Then released upon a trigger-pull and rapidly pressurizes the air within the pump cylinder to in turn push the pellet down the inner barrel. You must manually recompress the spring under stress prior to each shot, typically by pulling back the slide (pistols), bolt handle (rifles) or forend pump (shotguns) on the weapon, which cocks and readies the gun. Thus spring guns are incapable of automatic or semi-automatic firing by design.
Though spring airsoft guns are generally not as powerful as gas ones, they have more power than electric airsoft guns. This is because stiffer springs can be used without the worry of overloading any motor-gearbox. Spring guns are generally inexpensive, and may not last long due to the tension exerted on the gun parts by the recoiling of a powerful spring. However, many spring guns can be modified and upgraded to last longer and shoot with even more power!
While most AEG also use springs to drive the air pump, they use external power sources and not considered to be in the same category as spring guns. Low-end spring guns tend to be much cheaper than their electric equivalents due to their simplicity and lack of electrical components and thus are widely available. These guns are less suited for competition because they are at a rate-of-fire disadvantage against automatic guns in close combat and do not provide enough accuracy and power for long-range use. But, there are some exceptions, however, as higher-end spring-powered airsoft rifles can be quite expensive; these guns are typically suited for "marksman" applications in airsoft matches and provide competitive muzzle velocities.
In colder weather, spring pistols are way more reliable than GBB pistols and even the batteries on automatic electric pistols (AEPs) both of which can be adversely affected by extremely low temperatures. This represents one of the major advantages of a spring airsoft gun, as it can be fired in practically any situation without relying on batteries or bottled gas. This independence from external power sources causes some players to favor spring-powered guns. Spring guns are also less susceptible to the effects of water, where a battery-powered gun could short-circuit and malfunction when wet.
Spring airsoft guns are often more affordable than electric or gas-powered weapons. Because of their low price, availability, and simplicity, spring guns tend to act as "training guns" to bring new players to airsoft games and are considered the primary weapon of "backyard skirmishes".