First produced in 2001, the Heckler & Koch MP7 is a personal defense weapon chambered in the novel HK 4.6x30mm high velocity cartridge and designed with the intention of defeating soft body armour that has become ubiquitous in recent years. In airsoft the airsoft MP7 is a popular compact PDW ideal for cqb airsoft games and comes in both electric and gas blowback versions, the best MP7 airsoft gun is easily the fully licensed Umarex MP7 Airsoft Gun Navy Seal GBB by VFC as it has 1:1 real dimensions of the real gun. It must however be noted that the Tokyo Marui MP7 airsoft gun GBBR is also renowned for its stunning accuracy and consistency especially for its lower power, for those who want an AEG airsoft MP7 there is always the Tokyo Marui airsoft MP7 AEG.
- Umarex MP7 Airsoft AEG SMG Gen 2 (by VFC) VF1-LMP7-BK02$353.99
- Umarex MP7 GBB Airsoft Rifle V2 (by VFC) VF2-LMP7-BK12$274.99
- Umarex MP7 Navy Seal GBB Airsoft Rifle V2 (by VFC) VF2-LMP7-BK11$289.99
- Umarex MP7 GBB Airsoft Rifle (by KWA) KWA-MP7$279.99
- BONEYARD Umarex MP7A1 AEG (by VFC) Out of Stock BONEYARD-VFC-MP7-AEG$99.99
- Umarex MP7 GBB Rifle - TAN (by KWA) Out of Stock UMX-MP7-TN$281.99
- KSC 40th Anniversary Edition NP7A1 GBB (Limited Edition) Out of Stock KSC-MP7A1$398.89
WHAT IS THE BEST AIRSOFT MP7?
The MP7 is a submachine gun designed and manufactured by the German firearms company Heckler & Koch (H&K). First introduced in 2001 and designed for use by military and law enforcement units that require a compact and lightweight firearm with high firepower and low recoil, the MP7 is classified as a Personal Defense Weapon (PDW) due to its compact size and intermediate 4.6x30mm caliber. The small size makes it perfect for close quarters engagements, even more so than it’s older and bigger brother the MP5.
The MP7 Airsoft SMG is an extremely popular model thanks to its small size and high rate of fire, with many customization options. The HK MP7 Airsoft gun is available in either electric format (referred to as an airsoft MP7 AEG) or as a gas blowback (referred to as an airsoft GBB MP7). Here are some of the popular MP7 airsoft SMGs to consider.
- Umarex H&K MP7 AEG Gen 2 Airsoft Gun: This airsoft gun is a licensed replica of the Heckler & Koch MP7 submachine gun. It features a high quality polymer body, a retractable stock, and a 110 round high-capacity magazine. It has a high-quality gearbox and can shoot at a velocity of up to 380 FPS at a high rate of fire. It also boasts an empty magazine detection feature where the MP7 airsoft SMG will stop firing when it runs out of BBs. The trigger is controlled electronically by a micro FET. Fully licensed by H&K, this airsoft MP7 sports all the correct trademarks and is dimensionally accurate to the real MP7. This electric version of the airsoft MP7 is recommended to people who play in cold weather, since the gas version may not operate as reliably in low temperature conditions.
- Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB: This gas blowback airsoft gun is a high-quality and accurate replica of the real MP7 submachine gun. It features a compact size, a polymer construction, and a blowback system that simulates the recoil of a real firearm. It has a high-capacity magazine and can shoot at a velocity of up to 300 FPS. However, the Tokyo Marui MP7 is not licensed by H&K and is therefore not for sale outside of Asia. Also it is important to note that the Tokyo Marui MP7 airsoft SMG is not a 1:1 sized replica and is a bit smaller than the real MP7, making the Umarex MP7 Airsoft model more attractive for collectors.
- Umarex H&K MP7 Gas Blowback GBB: This gas blowback airsoft gun is another high-quality replica of the MP7 submachine gun. It features a high-quality polymer construction, a retractable stock, and a 40 round high-capacity magazine. It has a realistic blowback system with snappy recoil and can shoot at a velocity of up to 380 FPS. It is powered by green gas and can shoot in semi or full auto just like all models mentioned here. For a realistic shooting experience, we recommend you get the gas blowback version of the MP7 for an exhilarating sensation. The airsoft GBB MP7 is available in both regular version and the Navy Seal version. Both are manufactured by VFC under license from Umarex.
WILL MP7 AIRSOFT MAGAZINES INTERCHANGE?
The MP7 airsoft magazines designed for the electric AEG version are not compatible with the gas blowback GBB version of the airsoft MP7. However, the airsoft magazines used by the regular airsoft GBB MP7 and the special Navy Seal GBB MP7 are interchangeable with each other. Umarex MP7 airsoft magazines are not interchangeable with Tokyo Marui MP7 magazines or KWA magazines. Each brand has their own proprietary design, so their magazines are not interchangeable.