PTW AIRSOFT GUNS
- Systema Infinity Gear box Kit (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock BMGB-TYPER$1,399.00
- Systema Ambidextrouse Gear Box Kit for PTW M4-A1 / CQBR (for M165 Cylinder) VK-03-SMAX-AGSpecial Price $479.99 Regular Price $579.99
- RWC Systema MK18 PTW (M90 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0042$1,200.00
- RWC COLT M4 SBR PTW (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0041$1,499.99
- RWC CMT Style Systema PTW M4 (M130 Cylinder) Cerakote Tungsten Grey Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-CK-0003$1,799.99
- RWC ACC URX Style 13.5 inch Systema PTW M4 (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0036$1,599.99
- RWC AAC URX Style 10.75 inch Systema PTW M4 (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0035$1,599.99
- RWC L119A2 Style Systema PTW M4 (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0034$1,699.99
- RWC BCM Style 8 inch Systema PTW M4 (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0033$1,699.99
- RWC BCM Style 10 inch Systema PTW M4 (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0032$1,699.99
- RWC Vltor M4 (Systema PTW Version) Limited Edition Out of Stock RWC-AEG-VLTORM4-SYS$4,288.00
- Systema PTW Professional Training Weapon M4-A1 Super Max (M165 Cylinder) - First Variant Ambidextrous Version Out of Stock NM4A1-SMAX-SST-FVAMSpecial Price $2,115.00 Regular Price $2,350.00
- Systema PTW Professional Training Weapon M4A1 SUPER MAX (Fixed Stock Version) (M165 Cylinder) Out of Stock NM4A1-SMAX-FSTSpecial Price $1,299.00 Regular Price $1,650.00
- Systema PTW Professional Training Weapon CQBR MAX (M150 Cylinder) - Ambidextrous Version Out of Stock NM4A1-CQBR-MAX-FVAM$2,100.00
- RWC Advanced AR PTW Type 4 (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0039$1,499.99
- RWC Advanced AR PTW Type 3 (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0038$1,499.99
- Systema PTW CQBR Value Kit 1 (Included Ambidextrous Gear Box) - Upgrade Kit (M110 Cylinder) Out of Stock VK-01-CQMAX-AG2$1,150.00
- RWC Advanced AR PTW Type 2 (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock RWCGUM-EG-01-0037$2,199.00
- Systema PTW89 - Type 89 (Professional Training Weapon) Out of Stock PTW89Special Price $2,300.00 Regular Price $2,889.99
- Systema PTW Challenge Kit CQBR SUPER MAX Evolution (M165 Cylinder) Ambidextrous Model Out of Stock TW-CK-CQBR-SMAX-AM$1,779.00
- Systema PTW CQBR Value Kit 1 (Included Regular Gear Box) - Upgrade Kit (M130 Cylinder) Out of Stock VK-01-CQMAX3-RG$1,500.00
- Systema PTW Professional Training Weapon Challenge Kit TW5-A4 MAX (M150 Cylinder) Out of Stock TW5-CK-A4-MAX$1,355.00
- Systema Ultimatel Challenge Kit CQBR-MAX3 (M130) 2013 Ambidextrous Model Out of Stock TW-UCK-CQBR-MAX3-AM$1,575.00
- Systema Ultimatel Challenge Kit CQBR-MAX 2012 (M150) Out of Stock TW-UCK-CQBR-MAX$1,575.00
- Systema Ultimate Challenge Kit M4-A1-MAX3 (M130) 2013 Ambidextrous Model Out of Stock TW-UCK-M4-MAX3-AM$1,249.00
PTW Airsoft Gun
You may have heard these three letters from your fellow airsofters and wonder what on Earth is a PTW? It is known as Professional Training Weapons (PTW) and they are the most premium electric Airsoft guns today. Featuring computerized optical technology, PTWs offer precise trigger control that simulates the feeling of a real gun. Just squeeze that trigger once and the computer will do the rest to complete the firing cycle. They usually have semi-only and 3-Burst modes are also available on various models. Interchangeable power cylinders (which are sold separately) allows you to change the power output in less than 10 seconds without any tools.
What is a PTW Airsoft Gun?
They are 1:1 scale to the real steel counterpart guns, thus a PTW can fit all accessories designed for real guns, giving you endless customization options. What makes these PTW different compared to an AEG is the realistic bolt lock function disengages the trigger once the magazine is empty; perfect for real-world training.
What to Look for in a PTW Airsoft Gun?
The most important thing to factor when deciding to buy a PTW airsoft gun is what type of platform do you want? As there are limited choices when it comes to a PTW it can either be an SMG or rifle platform.
If you’re looking for something that’s between a pistol and a rifle then an SMG could be something for you. They have the best of both platforms as it’s easier to handle due to their small frame and higher mag capacity similar to a rifle. Ergonomics could be an issue as the pistol grip of SMG is usually smaller than of a rifle or even a pistol. But that being said most SMG usually have a foregrip and can be further customized to be more tactical by adding flashlight, PEQ boxes, or even red dot sights.
Rifles are by far the most popular choice for many airsofters as they are highly modular. This means everything can be modified from the rail, receiver, buttstock, pistol grip, flash hider, and internals! The rail can support many attachments on it for all your tactical needs. It may not be as easy to manipulate as a pistol but you have way more rounds per clip and able to ping those targets hiding out 60 meters away. Rifles are the most versatile weapon of all as they can be adjusted to be used in all scenarios such as CQB, milsim, and skirmishes.
What are Some of the Best PTW Airsoft Guns?
For those that are new to the PTW systems, you may hear of the brand Systema. The Systema PTW airsoft guns will meet any of your expectations with room to spare. In our opinion, the SYSTEMA ULTIMATE CHALLENGE KIT CQBR-MAX3 (M130) 2013 AMBIDEXTROUS MODEL is the best-ever-made electric airsoft gun in the universe! The construction quality is premium, very realistic, and reliability far suppresses any other mass-production AEG on the market, easily justifying it as the God of all AEGs. For more information on this product click here: https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/aeg-aep-systema-ptw-professional-training-weapons-systema-ultimatel-challenge-kit-cqbr-max2-m130-2013-ambidextrous-model.html
How Does a PTW Airsoft Gun Work?
These PTW airsoft guns are powered by NiMh or LiPo batteries which makes them very cost-effective compared to gas or CO2. The battery powers up a piston inside the gun which propels the BB through a hop up inside the inner barrel. Do note that the voltage type of the battery (7.4V / 11.1V) will affect the rate of fire so do consider using an 11.1V if you want laser beams spewing out!
But in order to understand how these various internal parts affect each other's performance, we have to understand how it actually operates. There are 3 types of energy in action every time that trigger is pulled, which are electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic.
No, your PTW will not fire electricity out of that muzzle, when we say electrical energy this means the energy is supplied by a battery. This energy is then delivered through an electrical circuit into the motor.
Mechanical energy is an energy that's associated with the position and motion of an object. This is responsible for the motor moving parts inside the gearbox such as gears and the piston.
You may wonder what do we mean by pneumatic energy? Well, this energy relates to the power-related by the pressurized air pushing the BB out. In order for that BB to come flying out, the piston is launched through a cylinder to squeeze the air out of the nozzle.
Nowadays all contemporary PTW airsoft guns use a mechanical system inside, it's the gearbox that contains 2 gears and a motor that allows the transfer of electrical energy into mechanical energy. It's a simple process that begins with a trigger pull, then the trigger contacts close thus completing the electric circuit from battery to motor. After the motor draws enough energy it will begin spinning and engage the first (sun) gear. The sun gear then engages with the second (helical) gear, which subsequently engages the piston teeth in the cylinder.
This is where a PTW is different from an AEG, as with a PTW all the piston, nozzle and springs are in a cylinder. Once the sun gear makes contact with the piston, it pulls it back in order to compress the spring. With this motion set, it allows the next BB to feed up into the hop-up chamber. What should happen by now is a BB flying out at the end of the barrel, leaving a smile on your face. At this point, the mechanical energy is then transferred into pneumatic energy.