G&G manufacturers a range of biodegradable BBs which promise to break down in the right conditions to insure minimum environmental impact at the sites you play.
G&G BBs are 5.95 +/- 0.01mm in diameter and are available in 0.20g, 0.25g and 0.28g variants. The 0.20g BBs are available in basic white, green and dessert color options. They come in 5000 round 1kg (+/- 50g) bags which are vacuum sealed Aluminium foil packets to ensure they break down in the field and not on the shelf.
Made of PLA (Polylactic Acid) they will biodegrade at varying rates depending on the conditions. The list below details some rough numbers to show the break down rates:
- 60°C, well composted environment; 47 days.
- 40°C, home style equipment compost; 120 days.
- 40°C, in the ground; 1.3 Years.
- 15°C, trash covering place; 2 years.
- 10°C, in cold ground; 2.6 years.
- 4°C, river, lake or ocean; 4 years.
The bags can be resealed with the lid but do take care to store in a cool dry place as the moment the seal is broken it will technically begin the count down for biodegrading into mush.